Monday, May 11, 2009

Lost in Emotion

As Lisa Lisa said, "Kaysara, Kaysara" (which Tripp recently informed me translates to "Que sera, Que sera"). Whatever it means, Lisa Lisa, I FEEL lost in emotion. Having a kid has made me VERY sensitive to media that involves anything remotely bad happening to a kid. Just got "Doubt" in from Netflix, totally wanted to see it when it came to theaters. . .now absolutely cannot, WILL NOT watch it because of the subject matter. We started watching "Rachel Getting Married" (don't miss my upcoming review, tentatively titled "Tripp, Why Didn't We Force Our Loved Ones to Have a Talent Show in Our Honor Before Our Wedding?") last night. Freaking heck, people! Did anyone know Anne Hathaway's character accidentally killed her brother when he was a kid?! Where was THAT in the preview? Threw me into a quiet crying jag, and then I couldn't watch "Family Guy" because they did a play on "Stand By Me," and THAT reminded me of the real "Stand By Me" and how the main character's brother had died and how sad the family felt. WHAT THE HELL?
I get it. I have a kid, I'm in love with my kid and anything that starts to touch the part of my brain in which I even consider my kid feeling pain or my life without my kid is just too much for me to handle right now. Has anyone else felt this way about anyone? Or anything? (I'm sure Tripp has nightmares about his PlayStation being console-napped.)

2 comments:

  1. I think the love between a parent and a child is a very unique experience, while I love and have loved people, I have not and probably will not experience. I do not belive that there is a situation, experience or occasion that can simulate the feeling of holding your newborn child. So, I do not love my Wii60 combo like a child. On another note Doubt is a great movie by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely! My girl just turned 3 ( I KNOW, right?) and my husband long ago mastered the fast scan and flip on DirecTV to shield me from any "dangerous" programming. This has been standard in our house since the now-infamous "Bawlin' Sunday" in which my husband came home from work to find me on the couch, rocking my then infant daughter, weeping and crying "They's just babies!" after a 6 hour Law and Order: SVU marathon. So. There ya go.

    ReplyDelete