Friday, June 26, 2009

Movie Review 4: Party and Bullshit

Watched the first half of Notorious yesterday. Yeah, not good. But I liked learning a bit more about Biggie's life; and I discovered I enjoy his music more than I originally assumed when the only song I had heard by him was the radio-friendly version of "Hypnotize". I thought the guy who played Biggie was adorable, and he did a good job making him complicated. (Don't get me started on the kid who played Baby Biggie--cutest thing I've ever seen!) The ladies who played Lil' Kim and Faith Evans scared the crap out of me to a degree I feel would be authentic were I ever to cross the real-life LK and FE. Also, the guy who plays Puffy (and his jackets) is hilarious. Almost as hilarious as the real Puffy and his real jackets.
Still, this movie sucked. I give it my worst review ever: Seven Thumbs Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment